Would you like free hockey membership this season?Published: 23/07/2018
Hockey Membership is free to our Fixtures Secretary and we are currently looking for a volunteer to fill this role.
After a record breaking 15 years of volunteering at the club, Twinny is stepping down from the role of fixtures secretary.
As you know, the fixtures sec one of the most important roles in the club, and is a crucial part of making sure our hockey-filled weekends run without a glitch!
It's the perfect role for someone who loves hockey, is analytically-minded and enjoys the thrills of a colour co-ordinated spreadsheet. It's also a great way to get involved in the running of the club and a brilliant CV booster (73% of employers will employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without).
In return for carrying out the role, the new fixtures secretary will receive next season's hockey membership for free!
In addition, full training and a comprehensive handover will be provided and the committee will be on-hand to provide support whenever needed. It is worth noting that Twinny has been perfecting the process for over a decade and leaves the role in excellent shape.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role please contact: email@example.com
The role of the Fixtures Secretary is to arrange pitch slots and schedules for all club league fixtures and training sessions. The role will involve liaising with other clubs, venues, organisations and teams to ensure the smooth running of the season.
What you’ll do…
• Schedule all club fixtures and training for the season ahead (pre-and post Christmas)
• Produce weekly fixtures list for all members (including umpire secretary)
• Attend club/league Committee meetings
• Liaise with the league secretaries and pitch venue contacts
• Good IT skills
• A love of spreadsheets
• Organisational skills
• Problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Good communication skills
• Friendliness and approachability
• Own a computer (you will have access to the club printers)
• Learn new skills and develop existing skills through hands-on experience.
• The ability to explore career or job opportunities in a voluntary capacity.
• A chance to have fun and meet new people
• A brilliant CV booster (73% of employers will employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without).
• A written reference from the Hockey President