of the club
Founded in 1854
The club was founded on 20 May 1854 by cricketers playing on Wimbledon Common. In 1890 it relocated to the current freehold nine-acre site on Church Road that was bought that year from Miss Sarah Beaumont for £3,612. Today cricket, hockey, tennis, squash and a gym are offered. Some 2,000 juniors and some 2,000 seniors are members.
Keep an eye out for spectacular events for members and the public. Shown - the club's sports hall being transformed in to an arena for the Optasia Championship for world top-ranked squash players.