Heeding the Government’s guidance to act carefully and remain cautious, some precautions will continue at the club:
- do not come to the club if you are experiencing symptoms
- wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser regularly
- face coverings are now required by law in most indoor settings, relevant exemptions are the café, the bar and while exercising. However, although not legally required, you should still continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you may come in to contact with people you do not normally meet
- event organisers will advise on requirements for specific occasions
The club is a community. Every member should recognise their obligation to be vaccinated to keep themselves and others safe, unless that is, they have a medical reason. It is hoped all eligible will take the opportunity to be jabbed.
While there is no legal obligation on members or staff to be vaccinated, the following should be recognised.
- Vaccines, as well as protecting recipients, are intended to prevent the SPREAD and the rise of VARIANTS of CONCERN
- The probability of a vaccinated individual passing on the virus IS LESS than an unvaccinated person
- Individuals who have contracted COVID - CAN GET IT AGAIN, especially if infected by a different variant
Please continue to enjoy the club, particularly the outdoor spaces which have been enhanced.
Statement on Discrimination
The officers of The Wimbledon Club strongly condemn all forms of discrimination. The racism aimed at some of the England football players on social media and elsewhere following the Euro 2020 final is appalling. Anyone involved in such disgusting behaviour is not welcome. Discrimination has no place in sport or society at any level. The club is commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity. Such values are enshrined in the Club Charter.